Sunday 21 September 2014

Week 5, part 1: Cake Lace

Cake Lace



 A bit later than normal but here is the post for this week or rather part 1. I decided to try to do two post a week, one about the bake from the book and one about anything else to do with baking.
this week, I thought I would try or rather re-try cake lace.
The first time I tried it, I tried to rush it and it was not the best result. This time I followed the instruction (always help) and it worked better.
If you want to make cake lace, you will need a mix which consist of a powder and a gel. You can get two different one, one can go in the oven to dry it quicker. You can buy it from baking supply shop or internet.
So second round what I learned is to make sure that you mix it properly. First time was very runny, this time I followed the instruction (that always help!) , and the mix became thicker and easier to spread. When you spread it evenly and fill all holes, especially being careful of bubble of air. I only have a mat normally used to put round a cake, so I used some details for the cupcakes. I tried to used fondant silicone mould but this was a disaster! mix was spread to thickly...But after some careful peeling here is the result, et voilà !


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well done!