Wednesday 17 September 2014

Week 4, part 2 :sticky buns








Here we goes, second part on this weekend bake, sticky buns. Apologies for pictures, difficult to make sticky buns look glamorous but they tasted good!
As I was baking for the church mission's meeting , I decided for a tear and share type bread and went for the sweet choice. Even though it is in the bread section of the book, it is fairly easy to do and does not take too much time. I was able to bake both the cupcakes and those in one evening. It's just needed a bit of planning. Once you have done the mix you need to leave it rest for an hour and then another 45 minutes once the buns are formed.
The mix in the inside is straightforward as it is butter and brown sugar (real healthy stuff..). I had stretch the mix on cling film, it made it extra easy to roll. I guess the only hard work was the kneading. As I am still dreaming of my cake mixer,  I got 15 minutes of free exercise. There is some satisfaction in doing by hand and it's a good stress relief after work!

No comments: