Thursday 20 November 2014

Week 11, part 2: Sainsbury's icing nozzles trial

 Icing nozzles trial


Another late post, I guess life is taking over. Things are getting quite busy. After 7 month, we finally exchanged on the house and we should be moving around the 8th of December... I can't wait to get my new big kitchen with lots of work surface and most importantly I will be able to get my stand mixer of my dream!
Over dramatic.... Maybe slightly...
For this week post, I decided to try out the icing nozzles that I found in Sainsbury's. It was £10 for a pack of 7 big nozzles, looked like a good price.


Because of this I had to make cupcakes. Hard life isn't it....
I made vanilla and chocolate cupcakes with vanilla icing.

 

 I used another of the hummingbird bakery recipes, really love this book. Make great cupcakes!
Back to the icing. Bellows are the pictures of the different style I was able to do with the different nozzles. I am far from a expert in icing so any suggestions are welcome.










I like the big nozzles as I feel it gives a better finish. I particularly like the open star and round one. I feel you get the style that you see on pictures!
With the nozzle that do wicker basket type icing (photo n°6), I think you could also do scallop style but needed a bigger surface.
I am baking my first paid cake this weekend so will try it on it.

No comments: